jueves, 27 de noviembre de 2008

The Buffoon

.
"She got off the boat. A Vision. She was wearing a brown hat with a violet ribbon and her eyes sparkled under its shadow. I noticed, because of her walk, that her shoes were flat, something extremely unusual in the city. "A country girl, daughter of a land owner" I thought. A country girl, and what a girl indeed. The wind carried the music of her voice and her laughter seemed to infect everyone around her like a plague. Her southern accent was evident, and one could almost smell the sweet smeel of the cotton plants when she walked by.It was then, when we crossed paths, when her perfume hit me directly in the face and our eyes met."

"And? What happened next?" asked Kirby, wiping the tomatoe sauce stain from his shirt."Nothin´"I replied, "I think she noticed me just for a second, I could swear she looked right at me, but she kept on walking and I just couldn´t shake her off my mind, I had to tell somebody about her"."And I was the lucky winner" said Kirby with a smirk on his face."Well, I know that you´re not the simpathetic soul I needed to unload this burden on but I thought that you would at least enjoy the idea of the girl, was I mistaken?" I asked.
"Oh, no, you know a pretty face and a short skirt is all I need to get out of bed in the morning. Don´t get me wrong, I enjoy the company of the weaker sex as much as the next fella; I just don´t make a federal case of it, that´s it".

That was the essence of Kirby. A working class, catholic fella. The only worries in his life were women, food and the next paycheck. But that, right there was the biggest difference between us. Kirby put food, sex and money in the same pile as equaly important parts of life. His lovers, which used to cook, sleep with him whenever he commanded, and pay for his liquor and rent, were his definiton of happiness. Not me. I needed more. I needed romance, intrigue, magic. I needed to surrender myself completely to the other person. I needed to suffer. I needed to cry. I needed to feel like my heart was about to burst.

I needed love.
.

4 comentarios:

Anya dijo...

preciosooooooo me senti demasiado identificada!!

"I needed romance, intrigue, magic. I needed to surrender myself completely to the other person. I needed to suffer. I needed to cry. I needed to feel like my heart was about to burst.

I needed love."

I need to feel I'm ALIVE!


genial como siempre, un abrazo grande tom =)

momo dijo...

ya te dije, muy excelente.
de toda smaneras creo que tarde o temprano, todos los humanos buscamos eso (ese párrafo citado por alu),quizás la diferencia no está en qué se desea, sino como se lo espera. no? - kirby tarde o temprano va a buscar lo mismo que vos, esperemos por kirby.

Harry dijo...

No sé eh... Kirby parece un hedonista sexópata irremediable.

Lo que me gustó fue su carácter episódico, fotográfico, fugaz.
Una de las incontables y microscópicas postales que hacen una vida.

MiCoCoLeMbA dijo...

aunque sea una redundancia, por tanto decirlo (o pensarlo, tal vez no te lo dije muchas veces, pero sí se lo dije a alu)...

GENIAL, como siempre...

un abrazo...